In the build up to Christmas we sat down with Rachel Pollack, author of The Child Eater, to ask her some festive questions.
1 . What was the best Christmas present you ever received?
A Marlen red and silver fountain pen from Italy.
2. What was the best Christmas present you ever gave?
A luxurious red bathrobe that my friend says she loves wearing.
3. If you could only give one book as a gift this Christmas what would it be?
Boneland, by Alan Garner ( because here in the States no one knows about it)
4. What is your favourite Christmas song?
5. If someone gives you a present you don’t like do you: a) only use it when you are with them b)Return it c) Re-gift it?
If they made it, a. If from a store, b.
6. Christmas puddings – yay or nay?
Since I never eat sugar, nay.
7. Finally, what are you currently working on?
A series of shamanic noir novellas, featuring a “Traveler” named Jack Shade.