Welcome to our third Top Ten Tuesday. At some point in the future I’ll probably stop telling you what number the post is, but that is a worry for another day. Today, we once again prove we cannot count, by providing you with not our top ten, not our top twelve but our top FIFTEEN tweets and top seven blog posts by the fantastic Robert Jackson Bennett, author of City of Stairs, City of Blades and many other fantastic novels (15+7=21 – see, my maths isn’t that bad).
To make our claim of a top ten slightly more legitimate, we’ll only be posting the first ten from the list. To find the rest, you’ll have to go to Fantasy Faction, where the blog was originally posted. If you don’t already know about FF, I’ll happily take credit for the hours you’re about to loose mining the amazingdepths of this fantastic website.
So, without further ado – read on and witness the glory that appears when Fantasy Faction, RJB and Jo Fletcher Books unite (okay, that was a little ado) . . .
The Twitter-feed of Robert Jackson Bennett is a wondrous, but dangerous place to spend time. If you follow Robert in addition to another 1000 or so people, the normality and reason of the masses will likely dilute the strangeness and zaniness of Robert’s feed to the extent there will be no lasting damage or changes in personality from what you consume. If you spend time looking through Robert’s Tweets on a Tweet-by-Tweet basis though, as I was asked to do by Jo Fletcher Books for this feature, there may be some irreversible mutations to your personality…
Below are our favourite 15 Tweets by Robert to date, as chosen by myself and Olivia of Jo Fletcher Books. Not all of them are safe/appropriate for work (or anywhere really). You have been warned!
15. ROBERT FINDS HIS SOULMATE
14. ROBERT OFFERS INSIGHT INTO THE HORRIFIC OUTCOME OF A CUPCAKE THAT SUFFERS EMOTIONAL DAMAGE
13. ROBERT SUMS UP TROLLS, IRRATIONAL COMMENTS AND THE HUGO AWARD CRAP
12. ROBERT FINALLY OFFERS PICTURES OF THE PERSONAL TRAINING CLIENT HE HAS BEEN WORKING WITH
11. ROBERT REFLECTS ON LOST EARNINGS
10. ROBERT OFFERS INSIGHT INTO THE REALITIES OF BEING A GRANDPARENT AT CHRISTMAS
9. ROBERT PROVES THAT BEING A SUCCESSFUL AUTHOR DOESN’T MAKE YOU CLASSY
8. ROBERT LEAVES US ASKING UNCOMFORTABLE QUESTIONS ABOUT HIS ANATOMY
7. ROBERT BELIEVES ALL DOGS SHOULD BE TRAINED AND READY TO TACKLE FEARSOME FOES
6. ROBERT TELLS WRITERS TO BE READY TO GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE. A LOT.
You can find the rest of the post on Fantasy Faction here and afterwards you might want to visit here to reduce the mental scaring.