As most of you probably know, Jo Fletcher Books, having been bought by Hachette last year, has gone through some changes recently. These changes mean that I have a few more jobs to do . . . and this in turn means (obviously) that I am IN CONTROL OF EVERYTHING, MWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA. Foolish mortals.
But seriously, this has meant that we’ve put several things into action that have been in the pipeline for a while, but had stalled somewhat. And who do you think benefits from these new plans? Oh yes, it’s you, the reader. Perhaps you might like to know what we’ve done? Yes? No? Well, if it’s no, you might not want to keep reading . . .
EVIL GENIUS PLAN NO. 1 (Otherwise known as Ebook Omnibus Implementation)
Yes, from February, Jo Fletcher Books will start doing ebook omnibuses. Up until now, various regulations have rendered us unable to do this, but now we are in business. This will benefit you because we will be pricing them at three books for the price of two. Which means you pay just £11.99 for a whole entire series. Want to know the series that will be going into this deal?
- The wonderful, richly detailed alternate history: the Wave Trilogy by Aidan Harte
- The monsterific, hugely imaginative (and one of our bestsellers): The Skyscraper Throne by Tom Pollock
- The exotic silk-road fantasy that is the Tower and Knife Trilogy by Mazarkis Williams
- The classic dragons-and-swords-and-evil-mad-leader fantasy: The Pendulum Trilogy by Will Elliott
- The epic fantasy journey through the myths and history of India that is The Shiva Trilogy by Amish
- The gripping, dark, romantic, bestselling series that is The Black Jewels Trilogy by Anne Bishop
- And finally, the thrilling steampunk cyber-world of The Demi-Monde Quartet by Rod Rees*
So look out for these from February. You’re welcome.
EVIL GENIUS PLAN NO. 2 (Otherwise known as Bonus Content Implementation)
Yes, that’s right, bonus content is coming to Jo Fletcher Books. I have spent the last few months getting a ton of exclusive extra content together from our authors. This bonus content comes in the form of author interviews, book club extras, short stories, maps and bonus chapters from the next novel. So look out for our paperback and ebook (simultaneous with the paperback) releases, most of which will now contain this extra content. Any PBs containing the extra content will be clearly marked on the front cover, but for now, here’s a list of those books with the bonus content:
- Marked by Sue Tingey contains 2 bonus short stories
- Devastating Hate by Markus Heitz contains an interview with the anti-heroes of the novel, Sinthoras and Caphalor
- Our Lady of the Streets by Tom Pollock contains illustrated landmarks of London with a little extra from Tom on each of them
- The Fourth Gwenevere by John James, edited by John and Caitlín Matthews contains a bonus short from John James on the making of magical swords and a historical note from Caitlín Matthews on The Survivors of Camlan
- Gleam by Tom Fletcher contains an interview with the author on Gleam, a new never-before-seen map, illustrated by the talented Beth Ward, and some ‘book club’ questions to get the discussion going
- Astra by Naomi Foyle contains a bonus chapter from the sequel Rook Song
- City of Stairs by Robert Jackson Bennett contains a bonus chapter from the sequel City of Blades
- The Galaxy Game by Karen Lord contains an extra short story from Karen
- The Your Brother’s Blood ebook (exclusively) contains an interview with David Towsey on the world he has created
- And finally: The Moon and the Sun, Fortune’s Blight, Return to Arinn and The Child Eater all have extra content planned for their PB releases.
This free extra content is a little thank you from us to you for reading our novels. We hope you enjoy all of it!
EVIL GENIUS PLAN NO. 3 (Otherwise known as The Mystery Plan)
This is a project that I’m going to keep the details of slightly more under wraps for a bit, but suffice to say this: JFB Short Story Collection . . . oh yes.
That’s it from me this week, folks! But keep watching the blog and the Twitter feed @JoFletcherBooks for more news!
*As this is a four book series it is £16.99, so four for the price of three 🙂